We have designed a curriculum to promote opportunities for our children to talk, collaborate, develop their resilience and enrich their current knowledge and skills with a focus on providing wider opportunities beyond the statutory curriculum. These have been designed to inspire our children, promoting progress from their starting points, through a sequential, progressive learning journey. We want all our children to become young people with self-belief who are fully equipped with skills, knowledge and experiences which enable them to thrive in the ever-changing demands which the future will hold.
Our curriculum focuses on the quality delivery of a core curriculum enhanced with opportunities and experiences. It is our intent to develop opportunities and experiences for pupils to be challenged, develop resilience, experience enrichment and discover the world.
In order to prepare our children for the next stage in their journey, we have designed a curriculum which:
- Is based on National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
- Is relevant to our pupils, community and National priorities.
- Makes connections between different areas of learning where appropriate.
- Builds on previous learning, is progressive and sequential.
- Promotes Oracy and the spoken word.
- Promotes Personal Development, mental health and well-being.
- Promotes understanding.
- Values quality of enrichment, engagement and enjoyment over quantity and coverage.
- Is designed by subject leaders with input from all teaching staff.
- Is responsive, regularly evaluated, updated and rewritten where necessary.
- Does not get set aside in order to prioritise national testing.
- Our curriculum is adapted to meet the needs of all children.